The knee, one of the largest joints in the body, is subject to many of the same weight-bearing problems as the hip. Unlike the shoulders and hip, however, the knee’s range of motion is significantly limited to extension and flexion (front and back motion much like the wrist). Being that it is a weight-bearing joint, patients are required in most cases to “put it to work” while getting better.The first step in getting better is having your therapist evaluate your knee to determine your condition. Once a diagnosis is determined, your PT will establish the correct treatment plan and gradient of care to achieve the fastest and most complete recovery.
TREATMENT POSSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Class IV Laser, or Acu-laser
- Russian, Interferentual, Bi-Phasic, or Trigger Point Therapy
- Myofascial Release/Massage Therapy
- Cupping and/or Active Release Therapy
- Manual Mobilization
- Therapeutic Exercise
Note: Therapeutic exercises are specifically and carefully selected by your therapist for your particular condition. Many exercises given by personal trainers or those determined to be helpful by patients are in fact a leading cause of patients seeking professional help.
CONDITIONS TREATED HERE AT JOINT & SPINE REHABILITATION:
- Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) injury
- Meniscus Disorders
- Knee Inversion
- Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) injury
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injury
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) injury
- Patellar Tendonitis
- Rheumatic Arthritis
If you have any questions about our services, please contact us today at (201) 445-1079.